Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Let's Play Ball!


I LOVE spring! I remember growing up in Michigan, wondering if the cold, cold winter would ever end; and then suddenly the tulips would pop up from the ground and the trees would start leafing out. Just like Kansas, sometimes we were tricked into thinking it was spring, just to be surprised by a snow storm or ice storm. Well, I think it really is spring now. Baseball season has started, my tulips are bright and beautiful and the twins are ready to play!
This past weekend the ice cream was very popular with the reenactors visiting the Fort and the Boy Scouts that camped out at Gunn Park. I've switched my daily caffeine habit from hot to cold, and I pulled the sandles out of the closet. We made it!
Lot's of exciting stuff going on in Fort Scott this weekend; including the City-Wide Garage Sale and the Pioneer Harvest Fiesta Swap Meet. Our Farmer's Market will be returning soon to Skubitz Plaza, and don't forget that this Saturday is National Kids in the Kitchen Day-so round up your kids and make something fun in the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment